Tooth enamel is the strongest entity in the human body. Yet, teeth are not considered as a ‘bone structure’ since unlike other bones, teeth aren’t able to regenerate once they are broken or damaged.
The modern cosmetic dentistry techniques then came up with the ‘Dental Implants’ as the most effective long-term solution for damaged teeth. Since their introduction, dental implants are being extensively used around the world due to their strength and durability which are almost similar to natural teeth.
However, some of us are unaware of the problems caused by unreplaced damaged teeth/missing teeth and live with broken teeth for years. Hence, today, we’ll discuss how dental replacements really help in improving your lifestyle.
There are three fundamental reasons why replacing a damaged tooth is extremely important:
1) Protecting Oral Health
- A single broken or damaged tooth disrupts the entire jaw system. As all teeth support each other, the gap created due to the lost tooth causes the neighbouring teeth to lose their shape and strength too. It isn’t uncommon to see someone lose multiple teeth over the years as a result of a single tooth loss.
- Broken tooth get easily infected and if not removed in time, spread the infection to the adjacent teeth.
- Increased dental cavity incidence to adjacent teeth
- Lost tooth leaves empty space and due to that there is movement of adjacent teeth in the empty space and loss of natural contact between the teeth, this leads to spacing food sticking, increased cavity incidence, loss of bone support of adjacent teeth.
2) Preventing Discomfort
- Here, we are talking about both physical and psychological discomfort.
- Long term loss of posterior teeth leads to temporomandibular joint problems, TMJ clicking, painful jaw movement, due to loss of vertical height.
- Over closure of TMJ joint leads clicking and popping sound from TM joint.
- A missing or aching tooth makes it extremely difficult to eat meals, especially the non-vegetarian dishes and causes unwanted food deposition in the gaps. It also makes the gum sensitive to chilled and hot drinks. Altogether, it ruins the joy of enjoying food and prevents the body from its essential nutrients.
- Moreover, psychological discomfort caused by a missing or damaged tooth is higher than the physical one. It makes you mentally insecure about your distorted teeth in public, forcing you to hold back your smile. This, in turn, reduces your self-confidence and may give rise to anxiety disorders.
3) Boosting Appearance
- The psychological and emotional discomfort occurs simply due to the unpleasant appearance. The lack of confidence it causes, in turn, may affect your work and personal life.
- Today, it’s a known fact that dental implants are effective in boosting one’s morale and overall confidence. And as there’s no visible difference between a customized dental implant and a natural tooth, it drastically improves your physical appearance and brings your beautiful smile back to life.
- Dental implants have proven to be the turning point of cosmetic dentistry for both dentists and patients together.
If you’re looking to undergo dental implants treatment, then City Dental Care is your one-stop solution. Dentists at City Dental Care Clinic are widely known to perform the most successful and highly effective dental treatments such as root canal treatment, dental crowns, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and wisdom teeth removal. Visit the City Dental Care Website to learn more about the futuristic services you can receive from the best dental clinic in Wakad.